myrp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
myrp

Your RP is here.

3 posters

The 319th Expeditionary Fleet

MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

The 319th Expeditionary Fleet - Page 2 Empty Ankus

Post by MalaraLValm Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:40 pm

She crinkled her grey nose at the stench that arose from all around. In every direction there were rocky, rolling hills, even in this small city. She thought that maybe they would have leveled it out by now, if only for the ease of building flat cities, but they instead just decided to use stilts to level out the buildings on the sides of the hills.

She knew she wasn't far from the Ord Mantell, which was good in case if she needed flight fast. Most of these ships that were coming here didn't stay for long, as it was usually their drop off stop for passengers before they went to join the junkyard on Ord Mantell. Either that, or it was a jumper ship between Ankus and Ord Mantell. The ones that went to Ord Mantell, though, were either to join the junkyard, OR pick up passengers to take back into the Republic (usually whilst towing a ship to go into the junkyard).
    Malara did find out, though, that the ship she had been on was a rare exception to the rule. It was a trader ship, looking to buy the strange fruits that the Duros, Mon Calamari, and Bith's preferred. Apparently, it could only be grown on certain kinds of planets, and not all of those planets were necessarily open to trade with the Republic.

Malara glanced around, and was thankful that she had thought to steal a book from the ship about how to learn Cragii, the native language on Ankus. The Cragmoloid, a Pachydermoid species, were large, intimidating at times, and usually only spoke their own language. To get on the bad side of one of these 3-meter tall monstrosities meant trouble, and that was something Malara had every intention of avoiding... for now.

She saw a sign on a nearby building, that had "INN" written very crudely on it in Galactic Basic. Upon entering, she immediately noticed that the stench was much less foul in here. She saw only three Cragmoloids in the foyer, one tending the bar, and the other two sitting at table by themselves in the corner of the room. Her instincts used the Force to scan the room, starting in the corners and going inwards. She sensed no ill intentions towards herself, but two Trandoshan's sitting in the far corner were considering robbing the bar.
    Malara immediately decided that, considering her large headache that was quickly forming, she needed a smoke and a drink. She walked up to a bar and sat on the stool.
    "Hey, stranger." The Cragmoloid said in Huttese with a chuckle, noticing her exhaustion as she plopped onto the stool. She looked up at him in some shock.
    "I did not realize that there were Cragmoloids that spoke Huttese." He shrugged as he cleaned a glass.
    "Those of us who have to deal with off-worlders on a day-to-day basis normally choose to, since most off-worlders speak Huttese." He set down the glass. "What can I help you with?" She sighed.
    "First things first, one Corellian Ale, and if you don't have that, just give me the strongest stuff you got." He laughed heartily at this, fetched a bottle and a glass, and set both before her.
    "You're lucky, this is my last bottle." She poured a full glass, and took a quick drink. "What was number two?" She looked at him very seriously.
    "Are cigarra's allowed in here? Or do I have to take it outside?"
    "We have a room upstairs that is reserved for such things."
    She nodded.
    "As for the third thing, do not look, but there are two Trandoshan's sitting in the far corner. They have every intention of robbing you blind as soon as I get up and go upstairs." She sensed the panic rising in him. She touched his hand to help him calm down. "Now, listen carefully. I am a Jedi, and I'm going to help you, but you must listen to my exact instructions. I will tell you this only once. Pick up the glass next to your trunk and begin to clean it if you understand." As calmly as he could, he saw the glass she had mentioned, and began to clean it. "Good. Now, I am going to finish my bottle, and then act as though I will be heading upstairs. I will need a key to a room, as well. Any key will do. When the two stand to come to the bar, I will come up behind them with my lightsaber and detain them. Just remain calm, and do as they ask until I arrive. If you do not understand, do not stop cleaning the glass. If you do, give me a key to a room." Not as calmly as before, but still enough that she marveled at his acting skill, he set down the glass, reached behind the counter, and handed her a key he had grabbed. She thanked him, placed it in a pocket, and continued to drink as though nothing was wrong.
    After 10 minutes of sitting quietly, drinking her ale, she finished and stood. She quickly paid the bartender, and wrapping her cloak securely around her body, she headed upstairs. As soon as her foot touched that first step, she sensed that the Trandoshan's were preparing to move. She had to only go up five or six steps before she heard the screeching of the chairs against the wooden floor. Knowing her dark cloak secured her from their vision, she stopped, and turned around slowly. She watched them stand, and move towards the bar, and out of her sight. She moved quietly down the steps, keeping a lock on their position through the Force.
    She could feel the ale start to effect her body some, but it wasn't enough to get her drunk... yet. She thanked the Force for Zabrak vitality, because she knew if she were a mere human, what she was about to do would be quite difficult for she would be more than tipsy.
    She stalked up behind them, watching them pull blasters from their holsters and point them at the bartender. She heard them tell him to give them all his money just as she activated her lightsaber. Just as the Cragmoloid was moving towards the register, her silver blade appeared at the slightly larger of the two Trandoshan's throat.
    "Drop your weapons." She said quietly, pulling the blade a little closer than necessary to his throat.
    "Pleasssssssse, misssssss. We did not wissssssssh to causssssse any harm to him." Said her captive, and she could sense the lies and his squirming.
    "I do not have to be a Jedi to know that that is a lie. Now, drop your weapons, or I will not be moved from removing your head from your neck." Both blasters fell to the floor, but she sensed the deception. "All of them, else it shall be your hands and not your heads." They looked at each other with fear, and quickly began disarming themselves. She turned to the Cragmoloid, "Call the local law enforcement." He nodded, slightly afraid of the woman before him. She rolled her eyes at him, but continued to hold her captive. A moment later, two Republic soldiers came in with their blaster rifles at the ready. "Greetings, officers." They were surprised, to say the least, to see a Jedi in the middle of this.
    "A-a Jedi!" Said one. "He must be the intelligent one." Malara thought to herself bitterly.
    "Yes, I am a Jedi. These two gentlemen here were about to rob this Inn blind. I highly recommend that you arrest them for attempted robbery." The second officer nodded, and moved to arrest them.
    "Wait," said the first officer, "How do we know you're really a Jedi? Jedi never come out this far, and if they were, we would have heard about it." She rolled her eyes again, and every glass and piece of silverware in the entire room slowly began to levitate into the air. The second officer turned back to the first, and she could sense his fear.
    "I think she's a Jedi, Bill." Deciding she had had enough of his arrogance, she instilled the same kind of fear in this 'Bill' as the second, wiser officer. He nodded to his friend.
    "I agree, Tom. Alright, arrest them." He said, indicating to the Trandoshan's. "And you!" He said to Malara as she began to turn away, deactivating her lightsaber. She tried not to, but she couldn't help but feel bitterness wash over her in waves. "You'll be coming with us. The commander is going to want to hear about this! A Jedi! In our sector! And we didn't even know about it!" She put her lightsaber away, and even though she was going to give the bartender the key to the room back, he told her to keep it. She could use the room when she came back. She thanked him, and followed the two officers out.
    Dustin Critou
    Dustin Critou

The 319th Expeditionary Fleet - Page 2 Empty Re: The 319th Expeditionary Fleet

Post by Dustin Critou Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 am

Damek had continued to follow the two Jedi far into the belly of the ship. No fancy durasteel, automatic doors here. Just crude bulkheads. Damek knew the layout of the ship, and he figured they were pretty much nearing the cut off point for this deck. A bit further down and around more corners would be the turbolifts. At one of these said corners, the two abruptly stopped for what Damek assumed was a more serious interaction. One half-turned. Damek jumped into a side room and was pretty sure he had made a clean escape of his field of vision. The room he had flung himself into was no more than storage. But then, there seemed to be a lot of that on this ship. These boxes were marked for various foodstuffs. Some said non-human. Military intelligence was staggering. There was only about a million non-human sentient species around. The room also had a tiny viewport of open space. Damek watched the flowing tunnel of hyperspace for some time. He missed space, the great emptiness of it. No more cover jobs. He would find some Hutt to smuggle for. He was moderately surprised when the tunnel collapsed all of a sudden, showing a view of real space. So, they had arrived at wherever their first stop was. Damek got closer to the viewport for a wider view. Some star was a bright mass in the way off background. A planet was nearby, of course, but it was a sickly gray color. What could they be doing here? Certainly not shore leave.

Damek peered around the door frame and back into the hallway. The two Jedi were gone. He re-entered the hall and walked back down the way they had came. He made his way to his self-proclaimed room, slotted his datapad into his pocket, and made once again for the main turbolifts. He went up to the main deck and veered around to the mess hall. He would eat something first. Only, military food was gross, pre-processed mash. He could wait for food, thinking about the meals he had received on other ships of this type. So he went back down the turbolift to the hangar deck. Any trips being made to the planet would have to be by shuttle. This hunk of bolts was too large to touch down anywhere without proper facilities. And Damek was pretty sure the planet on the other side of the hangar shield didn't have such facilities. A lot of clones were around, bu to Damek's eyes, were really just loitering.
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Jacen walked silently next to Kedefrodai as the ageless man asked the favor of him. Jacen thought for a long moment as they went across the deck, contemplating if it was a good idea. He found himself rubbing his beard stuble again, he pulled his hand down to his side quickly, he abhorred this new habbit of his. Without another seconds thought he said, "Of course! It is imperative that we keep ourselves in top form, anything else would be suicide. In fact, we should try and put together a training room where we can hone our skills and teach you. I will let you know when I have found space- "

Just then he was cut off by a rather loud chirp from the comm strapped to his belt. He pulled it off and brought it up closer to his face. He thumbed the reply button. "Handa here." "Hello sir, this is Lieutenant Gray, we are half an hour away from Ankus, the point you commanded." "Ah! Very good, have Lieutenant Centura contact the officials down there, let them know the shipment has arrived. I'll be up there momentarily. Handa, out."

"Step one of our mission is to give a gift or peace offering to the people of Ankus, the council is hoping to bring these people into the republic with bribes." Jacen said to Kedefrodai with an undertone of sarcasm. "Its a small shipment, we'll only be here for a couple hours. If you want to get more supplies for yourself, go right ahead. Right now I must go up to the bridge and play captain, goodbye!" he concluded.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Kedefrodai almost felt that Jacen was just saying something because he might've felt cornered, but in any case he accepted his request. That was good enough for him, he just needed to know that someone was willing to teach him. The way that Jacen spoke...the words he said and how he said it sounded like he was trying to stay formal, but he was sure there must've been some doubt. He told Jacen that he had been alive...a lot longer than anyone else, and that must've been hard to accept. What would anyone else have done? Anyone else would've called him crazy or would've been scared out of his mind.

When Kedefrodai heard the commander talk about Ankus, he hadn't been there in thousands of years. When Jacen left to go to the bridge, Kedefrodai went to see the planet, it wasn't any different from space, but he knew that the planet must've made some changes since he had been there last. He went to his room to meditate a little before they landed on the surface. Kedefrodai liked opening himself up to the force, he may not know exactly how to use all the powers that he once possessed, but he was still in close contact with the force. His people were all force-sensitive as this galaxy called it, his soul and spirit were both deeply entwined in the force and would remain that way even after death. He could feel all the lives on the ship, he couldn't read their minds, but he could hear their steps, have a general idea of how they felt, and knew exactly where they were on the ship. This being said, he knew he had a long way to go before he could be useful to the mission, his usefulness at this point was his knowledge and that was it. His knowledge could be out-of-date, he wasn't sure, but he knew that he had to at least try.

When the ship landed Kedefrodai heard Jacen call for him, they both set out to talk with the docking manager, to finalize the shipment. Kedefrodai couldn't tell if Jacen hadn't felt it yet, or was waiting for a better moment to say something, but there was a Jedi somewhere nearby. He could definitely feel the flow of the force in a life-form nearby somewhere, it was faint, but he knew it was probably because of his weak connection to the force. He looked at Jacen and could tell by the look on his face that he had sensed it too. Without saying a word the two of them walked around a little trying to find the other Jedi. They didn't have to look long, the Republic Embassy was nearby, and there she was. A female Zabrak was sitting near a Republic ambassador, who didn't look too happy. Kedefrodai and Jacen walked forward ever-so-slowly, then they asked if they could speak to the Zabrak. "Oh so you're Jedi? Well welcome to the Republic Embassy on Ankus, how may I help you?" The Ambassador looked a little annoyed, but that went away after a minute or two since he knew he was speaking to Jedi. "We would like to speak with the Zabrak, we sense that she is a Jedi and would like to ask her a few questions." Kedefrodai said, trying to sense the Ambassador's overall feeling of the Zabrak, not much came to him, but what did was something about two Trandoshans. "Most certainly! You will have a better time trying to get her to talk than I will, if you get any information out of her, then please let me know." The Ambassador said as he backed up, took a quick bow and left. Kedefrodai returned the bow and then turned to the Zabrak. "Hello, my name is Kedefrodai and this is Jacen, we would like to ask you a few questions, starting with your name and why you are here."
    MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

The 319th Expeditionary Fleet - Page 2 Empty Meeting new faces

Post by MalaraLValm Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:59 pm

If you think that Malara didn't instantly pick up the two powerful Jedi once they hit the atmosphere, then you obviously don't know her very well. Sensing them put her on edge, but sensing them and not being able to do anything about it, well, that drove her up the wall.
    She sat, slouched in her chair with a cigarra in her mouth, across the desk from the Republican Ambassador. She was sitting in the Republic Embassy, being poked and prodded by these Republic koochoos (idiots), waiting to be released. They didn't have any charges they could file against her, and that wasn't their intention. They wanted to know why she was here and why she hadn't made her presence public and yatta yatta yatta. Did she give a crap? Of course not. So that's why she wouldn't give them anything but malicious answers. On top of that, the presences of two Jedi approaching was not easing her any.

"One last time, miss, how are you affiliated with the Jedi Order?" She didn't need the Force to tell her that her words were putting the Ambassador on the last threads of his self-control. "Well, might as well make an interesting show..." She thought to herself just before the Jedi came in.
    "Cha skrunee da pat, Sleemo." She didn't expect the Jedi to understand her words, but the Ambassador, she already knew, spoke fluent Huttese. He bristled at her words, and was considering jumping over the desk and strangling her himself just when the two walked in. "Poodoo. He didn't take the bait. Oh well." She just sat there, and stared off into space as the two Jedi talked with the Ambassador. She didn't give a crap as to what what they thought or what they were doing here or what they wanted with her, she just wanted to get away from them as soon as possible.
    "Hello, my name is Kedefrodai and this is Jacen, we would like to ask you a few questions, starting with your name and why you are here." Said the slightly taller one. Well, possibly taller. It was hard to tell, since she was still sitting and they were standing next to her. She rolled her eyes, stood up, drew herself up to her full height - revealing that she was possibly taller than them - and crossed her arms across her chest.
    "If you really think I'm going to answer that question, sleemo, then tah-koh tee womp rat e’nachu." She shifted her weight, "Now, kee baatu baatu." (slimeball; you'll end up womp rat food; out of my way)
    Dustin Critou
    Dustin Critou

Post by Dustin Critou Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Ankus? A backwater planet with no value at all. Ah well. It was the perfectly seedy place Damek enjoyed. He stepped off the LAAT-s shuttle and onto the hard ground. Luckily, none of the clones were giving him a hard time. They seemed intent on running after the two Jedi. Damek instantly found the nearest cantina and went inside. He scoured the bartender for info, and was soon back on the streets counting buildings. Ah. There it was. The Desperate Pilot Cantina. The place was moderately famous. If only because it was the only actual Hutt-run cantina on this rock. And, where there are Hutts, there is smuggling. Damek walked inside. There was no one he recognized, but he figured that didn't matter and started chatting up a Rodian who was alone in the corner.

---

Damek walked out of the cantina with a bag of goods banned from Republic space. Nothing personal, this time. Just some mods for the power conduits and a tinker or two for that fancy reactor core. Okay, so there was one Corellian Ale in there, but that could be shared, if he wanted it to be. Nothing to do here on this rock. He returned to the LAAT-s landing site and awaited the next one to come around. He could see the Republic Embassy to his right, but nothing in there interested him. That is, until Huttese floated right out the door. Someone was going at it. Pretty nasty for an Embassy. Well, you had to expect that out here, he guessed. He wouldn't go in. That would mean possibly losing these mods. And that was out of the question. They were expensive.
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Jacen walked into the ambassadors office with Kedefrodai side by side to a somewhat unusual situation. A jedi and the ambassador arguing. Not that this was the unusual part, the curiosity came from seeing another jedi this far out in space, was definitely an oddity. As the two of them approached the ambassador and the jedi, Kedefrodai introduced the them both. He then asked two simple questions of the jedi, only to get a rather seething reply from the woman and a rather offensive move toward them, which from the reaction on Kedefrodai's face meant nothing polite.

"That'll be enough of that, Jedi!" Jacen said, pointing toward the rebellious woman. "Have a seat and answer our questions." With a flick of his wrist the seat she stood up from scooted up to right behind her legs, almost sweeping her into the seat itself. The woman had no choice but to plop down in the seat. "Now, what are you doing all the way out here? I don't recall any jedi being sent out this way, Ankus isn't even on the republics planet list right now."

Last edited by Interius on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

Post by MalaraLValm Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 pm

As the chair suddenly hit the back of Malara's knees and forced her to sit down, she let out a deep snarl at the two men. How dare they barge in here, start questioning her, and demanding things of her like they own the place?! Now, she had - of course - been treated worse, but that was beyond the point. The point was, the Order MUST of changed to some extent, because no Jedi would treat another one this way. Either that, or these two were much more like herself than she would be willing to admit. She had a momentary internal debate, as she weighed her options.

Option 1:
    Do as they ask, answer their questions and be weak, feeble, and harmless...
    Not gonna happen.

Option 2:
    Answer their questions, but not make it easy for them...
    Possibility.

Option 3:
    Run....

This option she considered very carefully. She eyed the two of them carefully. She could most likely take them in a fight. The man known as Jacen wasn't exceedingly strong, but he carried himself like a fairly skilled combatant. He would be easy. The other man, Ked... Ked... Keddy, he was much more... unique. He wasn't physically very powerful, but she could feel the Force flowing through him openly, not like most people where they were relatively closed because they hadn't experienced the Force fully. He was completely open to it. It moved with him, not he with it. But he seemed... awkward. Like he wasn't accustomed to it.
    She considered him a second time, taking a closer look, and then she internally smirked.
    Yeah, she could take him.

"My name is Malara Valm. Seven years ago, I realized the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order, and left. I've been living out here, alone, ever since."

Last edited by MalaraLValm on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing spelling. :P)
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Before Jacen could get a word in the rather fat ambassador burst out saying, "You mean you've been running around my planet pulling your lightsaber thing on people and your not even a Jedi?!? If anyone here hears about this all my work trying to get Ankus to join the republic will be lost by having some dumb rogue Jedi attacking people! It's time for you two to leave, and take her with you, now!" "But sir, we're on an expedition, were not going back to the republ-" "I don't care, leave now!" "Fine! Just calm down."

Jacen looked over at one of the idling guards and said, "Hey, do you have a pair of cuffs on yuh?" The guard tossed a pair at Jacen and in seconds the cuffs were on Miss Valm. He pulled off both her lightsabers. "You won't be needing these for the time being, but perhaps I'll give them back if you can prove yourself." He slapped a hand on her shoulder and started walking back to the LAAT-s for retrieval.

Once on board Jacen pulled out his comm and hailed commander Bradock. "Commander, ready a cell fit for a jedi. We have another guest."

Post by Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Kedefrodai was amused by it all, he had actually seen this kind of thing happen before, sometimes he was the one arresting and sometimes...he was the one being arrested. He couldn't help but just sit back and watch, the events around him would not have been altered much had he said something, so he just let everything happen. He almost felt like a god, keeping tabs on everything, but he knew better...he was a Jedi and he was out here to protect and to guide so that's what he was going to do. His pride would have to fall an abyss to never be seen again...

Malara was arrested and as the three of them walked back to the LAAT's, Kedefrodai had to look around, things were different. Buildings were either replaced or just not there, it was kinda funny to him seeing the buildings in his mind but yet seeing new buildings in their place. On the ship Malara was put into a holding cell, Kedefrodai knew he had seen her before, or maybe it was one of her ancestors...probably the latter. Whether he had or hadn't doesn't make a difference but he was still curious nevertheless. He would want to speak with her when he had the time, maybe he could challenge her mind to think differently, to behave better. His biggest problem over the years had been curiosity, which is why he turned to the dark side the first time, he was curious about the powers of the dark side. This brought him to darkness because he was emotionally unstable and with that much power he couldn't control himself. So part of him was still curious, but he knew better than to let that get the best of him.

Kedefrodai walked down the corridor to the bridge...when all of the sudden he thought about something that he hadn't thought about in a long time. Lord Koridar...he hadn't thought about the fact that the symbiotic being was here in the Unknown Regions. He wanted to mention this to Jacen, but he was hoping that he didn't need to. This was an expedition, but hopefully he could direct them away from the area where the Sith Cult Aleph Jen Saarai was. If they were anywhere near the planet they would all die...
    MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

Post by MalaraLValm Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:14 am

It went completely against her nature and every instinct in her body, but Malara went quietly. She hated every moment of it, but on the other hand, she knew she could get them back. Her sarcasm and slight insanity would drive them up the wall. They would have to let her go, if only for the sake of their own sanity... if she didn't escape first.
    Escape plans were already flying through her mind. It'd only been 7 years, how much could the Republic ships have changed? Seriously?
    Don't doubt that Malara had almost ripped Jacen's hand off when he took her lightsabers from her. She felt naked and completely defenseless without them. She knew she still had the Force on her side, so she wasn't totally defenseless, but still.
    She had seen Keddy's odd looks. The slight recognition hiding in his eyes. She had returned it with a glare. Actually, anyone who had looked at her, correctly or incorrectly, got a harsh glare. She had also sensed his curiosity, and it made her smirk. "If you really think you're going to be getting any answers out of me, Jeedai, you would be sadly mistaken. I'm gonna drive you so far up the wall you won't know where the ceiling is.

She couldn't help it. She was bored. And a bored Zabrak Jedi is a very, very bad thing. She looked up at the guard standing next to her, and felt a broad grin spread across her face. He glared back at her, hard. She then gave him a pouty look, and said in an extremely condescending tone:
    "Awww, did you have a bad day?"
    Dustin Critou
    Dustin Critou

Post by Dustin Critou Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Damek wiped his brow. It was really hot down here. He had managed to wiggle his way into the very complex duct system that held the more intimate electrical aspects of the ship. And there, he had in fact begun slotting random assortments of grey, inconspicuous devices into the network. His datapad, the work one anyway, already showed a 38% power increase to all areas of the ship. Okay, there was also a 20% stability decrease, but that didn't matter. He had already modded the actual reactor, what fun that was, and figured it out a little. It wasn't just normal fusion, it was that brand new micro-fusion method. Stable wormholes into some other dimension could have energy pulled right out of them. He didn't understand it at all, but it worked. He continued to work along this main conductor, and still had a fairly large bag of toys to play with.
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 am

A sharp monophonic chime pierce the air of the detention block of the Impervious. Jacen looked down toward his hip at the comm unit making the pesky noise. He pointed at Commander Bradock, sitting behind the control desk. Bradock immediately slaps the big red button similar to a mad scientist with a finished product and WUHZAM! Beams of brilliant blue light radiate from the cells entrance, blocking Malara in. Unable to ignore the comm unit any longer he ripped it off his leather belt and brought it up to his face. "Whats the nature of your emergency, Lieutenant?" He said. "Uhm, there is a matter that needs your full attention ASAP, sir, come up quickly please...and how did you know who this was, sir?" Lieutenant Centura said. "Comm id, try it out." He replied halfway serious. "I'll be up momentarily." After viciously thrusting the small black unit back onto his belt he turned to Malara. "I will talk with you as soon as I am able. Perhaps we can even let you out of there if your in tip top shape. but right now I must be elsewhere, goodbye." He told her. He started walking toward the hallway which led to a repulsorlift, "Come along, Commander!" He beckoned over his shoulder as he went.

The split between the twin doors of the repulsorlift hissed for a fraction of a second once they opened on the deck of the bridge, meaning there was a separate life support and pressure system than lower decks, for which reason Jacen could only wonder. He stepped out of the lift, walked to the raised portion of the bridge in front of a metal railing and turned to Lieutenant Centura. "What is the problem Miss Centura?" "Well sir, we're picking up a distress beacon coming from a nearby space-station called Genesis. The logs for this sector show its a science vessel, bio-weapons in particular." Jacen rolled his eyes, "Splendid, a distress beacon from a bio-weapon laboratory, this will be great. Mr. Gray, plot a course for Genesis. Commander Bradock, you and I are going inside along with a detachment of troopers, make it so." Jacen said with a no nonsense attitude. He reached out and grabbed the metal railing, and hunched over. "Was there any associated files with the distress beacon stating whats wrong?" "No sir, I've also tried hailing it, there was no answer." Jacen nodded solemnly. "Well then we must assume the worst. Make an announcement to all the crew what were doing. I'm going down to prepare to go over to the station." Jacen quickstepped it back to the lift and punched in engineering.

Once on the bustling engineering deck he navigated his way to Kedefrodai's room and thumbed the keypad before entering. Without waiting for any greeting he said, "Were going to explore a space station that has a distress call, I think I'm going to need your help."

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:20 am

After having been on the ship for a while, Kedefrodai returned to his room to meditate. Meditation brought his mind to peace when the rest of the galaxy was in chaos. He had brought his mind to peace when chaos entered...also known as Jacen Handa. Jacen wanted him for something, didn't quite catch what he said, something about a station. So Kedefrodai rose from his position and walked out the door to see Jacen with a look that could be described as a want for help. Kedefrodai knew of the station, he had never been there before, but he knew of it's operations and so forth. Some kind of bio-weapon station, called...Genesis! His memory might've been completely intact, but there are blockages sometimes.

The troops were being prepared as they neared the station, only time would tell if the number Jacen picked would be enough. Kedefrodai learned a long time ago that when you don't know what's going on, bring AS MANY troops as you can. He had a hard time sensing what was going on in the station, it was almost as if...

Kedefrodai and Jacen led the way into the station, the big doors opened wide to show a formal entrance. From a first glance it looked deserted, almost as if the scientists had just picked up and moved out. Kedefrodai led half the troops one way and Jacen led the other half the other way. When Kedefrodai's team approached a corner, Kedefrodai sensed a familiar presence, an all too familiar presence. He waved to the troops to stop and let him continue a little further, then he moved around the corner slowly in time to see a figure moving quickly towards a emergency pod. The man stopped for a moment, then turned around to show his red face, tattooed with sith symbols, and a scar that Kedefrodai remembered like it was yesterday. It was Darth Vexon, the Weapon Master of the Aleph Jen Saarai. But yet it made no sense, Vexon was just a mere mortal and Kedefrodai hadn't seen him in almost 5,000 years, there was no way he could still be alive.

With terror still on his mind he saw the man smile and then drop into the pod, sending him off into unknown space. Kedefrodai knew that if it was who he thought it was, that Vexon would have already had a plan of escape, and it wasn't like him to leave prisoners, but as soon as Vexon was gone, he could sense more life forms, if you could call them that. All around he could feel the presence of life forms, and their emotions ran high, like they are...angry with a fierce rage. Kedefrodai ran back to his troops to see them firing on rampaging humans, they were the scientists of the station. Kedefrodai pulled out his lightsaber, and with the force activated his blade, he did not want to kill them, but unfortunately they had not the time to find a cure before these madmen killed them. So ready for battle Kedefrodai cried out...

"FIGHT!"

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:35 pm

Lord Koridar...

A being of immense power and anger, he was so full of the dark side that beings around bowed before him. His pride came before everything, he knew no love and cared for nothing. His power knew no bounds, if there was a name that all beings would fear, it would be Koridar. His old master was the only being who ever surpassed him ever, though that was his opinion, and his opinion was often right. The thing about being the most powerful being in the universe, is that it gets to be stressful when you can't go out and show your power to all so that they may fear you. The point behind the Aleph Jen Saarai is that they need to live in secrecy so that when they come out from hiding, no one will see it coming.

Koridar had sent Darth Vexon out to a space station to kill the scientists. The Rage Virus would be a perfect tool to use when invaders find them on the unknown planet of Korith, named after Koridar. All that would have to be done would be to send a spy on-board the intruding ship and then release the virus on the entire ship. After a little while everyone will kill each other and the ship will just float in space. Even though this plan is effective, it isn't flawless, it might have to require a little more work, but that can be worked on later...

"Where is that over-sized piece of wampa dung! I sent him over 5 days ago! It doesn't take that long to get to Naboo! If he wasn't so important I'd...!" "Lord Koridar! I have returned! I was successful!" Koridar turned to face Vexon, in his normal stance Koridar was smaller, but if he stood up straight he would be a least 2 feet taller. Koridar stood up and smacked Vexon to the ground. "YOU WORTHLESS!" he said as he knocked the inferior being to the ground. "At least you accomplished your mission, did anyone see you by chance?" "Yes sir, I didn't quite see him, but I could obviously sense his presence. I sensed your master..." Koridar extended his flexible arms to throw Vexon against the wall. His body cracked the wall and when he hit the ground, he heard a few bones crack. "Impossible! You lie! My master could NOT have survived! I KILLED HIM". Koridar dug into Vexon's mind and found it to be true, not only was his master alive, but he must've been back to kill him. This proved to be an interesting predicament, if his master really was alive, he would have to find him and kill him...again, if it wasn't his master, it must've been someone very powerful. In either case this would be a challenge, so he needed to be prepared for a great battle.

Now...it's time to make some plans...
    MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

Post by MalaraLValm Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:26 pm

"Shut up." The guard said in response to her query.
    "Excuse me?" Malara asked, scandalized.
    "I said, shut up." The guards sitting in the security room noticed immediately the contrast between the two. The guard was getting angry, and Malara seemed only mildly amused.
    "Do you treat all your guests this way?" She said, leaning against the back supporting wall of the containment field
    with a hint of attitude. He turned and glared at her.
    "You're not a guest. Now shut up."
    "If I'm not a guest, then what am I?" He rolled his eyes, but didn't stop glaring.
    "A prisoner."
    "Poodoo." She crossed her arms across her chest and then sat criss-cross. As the changing of the guard time came for those sitting in the security room, they heard one last thing come from Malara and they grinned. "Have you ever tried jazzercising?"

A few minutes later...

"What kind of name is Bill?" Malara said conversationally, examining her nails. The guard, now known as Bill, realized that she had pulled his name from his mind and figured if he would stop talking, that Malara eventually would too.

What he hadn't counted on, was that Malara didn't exactly need him to keep a conversation going.

She gave him a once-over. "I mean, it suits you, yes."
    "Why you little..." He said dangerously.
    "But I think Bill is so 'Bill' isn't it?" She seemed to examine him closely. "You're more of a Tanner, really. Maybe a Budkha?" Budkha was the name of a Huttese god Malara had heard of once. God of gluttony. It was said that if you ever met Budkha in your dreams, you should rub his stomach or his head for good fortune and a good supply, depending on where you rubbed. "Though, I suppose you wouldn't want people rubbing your belly all the time, would you?"
    "I SAID SHUT UP!!" Bill bellowed. Malara looked like she might for a moment. But only a moment.
    "I was just trying to make conversation..." She said sweetly. Then, something seemed to distract her for just a moment, and Bill breathed a small sigh of relief at the silence. He wouldn't have, though, if he had known what had distracted her. She had just noticed that the guards in the security room had been gone for several minutes. A small, sneaky grin appeared on her features, but was quickly removed. Bill never saw it.

About an hour later...

"SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP!!" Jason heard as he entered the containment area, helmet-less. A look of shock crossed his face as his partner, Bill, literally ran from the detention room with a vein on his forehead on the verge of exploding out of his face.
    "Come back and visit!" When he looked to see where the voice was coming from, he noticed the prisoner herself. A Zabrak female, wearing Jedi robes, leaning against the support beam of the containment cell with one arm held over her head, her elbow locked so that it was straight, and her hand gently waving. She had a grin on her face. Then she noticed him. She lowered her arm, and bowed in the traditional Jedi way. "Greetings, young one. You have come to replace Bill?" He grinned and chuckled.
    "How did you get his name out of him? Took me a whole month to do that, and I'm his partner!" She laughed.
    "I pulled it from his mind. Saves time. So, how are you, Jason?" She said with a sweet grin. He looked at her in shock.
    "H-how did you know my name?" She rolled her eyes.
    "Didn't I just explain this? Pulled it from your mind, like I did with Bill. As I said, saves time."

A half-hour later...

Malara sensed the changing of the guard for the one's in the security room had come again. She also sensed the tension radiating off of all the crew, and found the explanation when a call came over Jason's radio. He tried to not let her hear it, but she used the Force to enhance her hearing. A space station, eh? Perrrrfect. She could easily knock out Jason while the guards in the security room were gone, sneak off the ship, board the space station, hide out until the ship left, and then sneak onto another ship once it boards with the space station. The hardest part would be sneaking off this ship, but she would cross that bridge when she came to it.

She gave Jason a sweet grin as he returned to her after finishing his conversation on the comm, and then she used the Force to open the door. A look of horror crossed her face as she pointed at the door. He spun around to see what had suddenly entered the room. She then let a bored expression cross her face as she pressed the button on the control panel with the Force, and then she wrapped her strong arms around Jason's neck. She clamped a firm hand over his mouth to silence him. His mind in a panic, he didn't think to reach for the blaster at his hip. After a moment, he finally ran out of oxygen and passed out. As Malara took the blaster from him, she leaned down to whisper in his ear.
    "Forgive me." She then quickly fled the room.

She ran down the corridors, using the Force to guide her away from any personnel. One man she ran into accidentally she locked in a storage room. The doors were so heavy that no noise could pass through them, so no one could hear his pleas for freedom.

It took the grey Jedi only moments to reach the boarding area. She sneaked in from there, to the space station. She sped across the ramp, hoping to go fast enough to not be seen. After she got across, she heard a great battle cry.
    "FIGHT!"
    She heard the hum of a lightsaber, and the sounds of battle. Loathe to enter into a fight, she didn't have time to debate it. Her Zabraki bloodlust suddenly surged, and she had no choice. She needed to shed blood. There was no other option now that the opportunity had presented itself. All she saw was red as she charged towards the scientists, and she barely recognized friend from foe. Her ability to channel the Dark side was her weapon with her blaster forgotten, and her adrenaline was her shield as she cut down anything that moved.

Last edited by MalaraLValm on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a few things)
    Dustin Critou
    Dustin Critou

Post by Dustin Critou Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Damek has just popped his head out of one the access shafts when the ship came to halt. That was weird. The only time a ship stops in space is so it can dock with something. And Damek was sure they weren't supposed to dock with anything on the trip. It must be an emergency of some kind. In the very back of his mind, he was hoping no one would notice the now quite substantial discrepancies in the power system. Someone was sure to, so he changed his hope to that no one would investigate it, seeing as how they were all positive boosts. For the most part. He climbed out of the access port to the "bowels," as he called them, and replaced its cover. Whatever was going on, his insatiable curiosity demanded to know it.

He went to his self-appointed bunk, grabbed his blaster, just in case, and yet nothing else before making his way to the main deck airlocks via corridors and turbolifts. It looked pretty depressing. Long, dark, and recently pressurized, so it was cold. However, the other side was bright and cheery for a space station. What else could the place be? There was even a lobby. Albeit full of clone troopers, in full battle regalia. He sincerely hoped they would let him pass, as his blaster was hidden, and the engineer tag now glowing on his chest. He usually had it off, but in this case, it would actually help. Muffled sounds of blaster fire and lightsaber slashes were drifting through the walls. Some of troopers were already rushing in that area. But Damek would play good little engineer and wait for clearance and an escort and all those other things the military did. This place had a weird smell...
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Jacen entered the accessway that connected the ship to the station cautiously, so cautious he brought two squads of clones with him. The tech up ahead at the other end of the way was looking on at Jacen waiting for the go-ahead. Jacen gave a slight nod and almost instantly the seal was cracked. One could hear the hiss of the pressure of the two different environments equalizing, a disturbing smell drenched the air. Two different yet distinct smells, A hard iron smell and death. To the uneducated nose some might actually mistake the first smell for actual iron, but a weathered nose recognizes such a high concentration of that smell as blood, lots of it. The tech gave one last hard push to open the door completely and if the smell wasnt a dead give-away then the sight would. Blood and other mysteriously colored dried fluids coated most of the floor and blood splatter across almost every wall, it was a gruesome sight. Jacen pulled out a lightsaber and ignited it. "Make ready for anything, men." He aid to the squads.

They almost ceremonially raised their uncivilized, oversized rifles and ignited the flash-light attachments. Jacen entered the gory station and immediately felt a dark presence, and a sense that although there was enough blood loosed on the floor that nothing's heart could still be beating, he sensed many life-forms. He turned back toward the squads and raised the single finger for 'quiet'....

Not finished yet, will complete after class.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 pm

The sheer magnitude of the slaughter that had occured here, and the current bloodshed, was quite sickening to any normal humanoid. Kedefrodai could stand it only because his body was made to withstand being overcome by it all, though there was still a problem, Kedefrodai's emotions were always hard to control. He watched as several troopers jumped into the heat of battle...if you want to call it that. He had to stand back and think about what to do next, this was a pivotal part of Kedefrodai's beliefs, he didn't want ANYONE to know about himself. The exception to the rule proved rare, he only told Jacen as a means of getting him onto the ship...did it sound bad? Was Kedefrodai using Jacen? No, he was trying to protect as many lives as he could and that was what drove him to that decision. Jacen might have just added him because of his experience, who knows? What Kedefrodai did know, was that no other being should know about him, and that meant that the troopers could NOT see him in battle with those...crazed scientists. If they were to see him in battle they would think him a failure and would question Jacen's judgment. If they were to see him get scratched, which seemed to be how the virus was moving around, they would question him on why he was not affected. The virus was very strong indeed, you didn't need to be a Jedi to sense that. Kedefrodai felt that he needed to get away from the area and find somewhere where he could find something that could kill these scientists without harming the troopers.

He ran in the direction of the escape pods then hung a left and ran down corridor after corridor, they must've surely been after him. His control over his body is almost legendary, he timed his breathing correctly to keep himself on his feet, but every once in a while he would trip...like now. He fell to the ground and turned around to see a scientist leap from the shadow to claim another victim. Kedefrodai turned on his lightsaber and ran towards the creature, he may not have been a great swordsman yet, but he knew how to kill someone. He sliced the menace in half, watching as the torso and then the lower half fall to the ground. He scraped off some skin and put it in one of his cloak pockets for safe keeping. Then he remembered his mission, he needed to find something that would either incapacitate them or destroy them. He ran towards the main lab, knowing that there were probably more there than in the other rooms he had seen, but he had no choice. He found that the door was sealed, and a body lay against the door on the ground, his jaw had been torn from it's original location and thrown across the room. He searched the man till he found a key and he tried to use it to unlock the door but it needed a password. He was wasting time now, he needed to just use his lightsaber and cut through the door. He turned on the blade when two figures came up behind him and threw themselves onto him. The sudden action of the scientists caught Kedefrodai off guard and had knocked his lightsaber out of his hand. He fell to the floor on top of the dead man, he then turned around just in time to see the two monsters reaching forward to tear him to pieces...
    MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

Post by MalaraLValm Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:39 am

Malara used mainly her own bare hands to rip the strange scientists to shreds. It took her several moments of blood-shed to finally realize that she was going to go insane if she kept it up, so she managed to force herself to calm down. She watched Keddy take off down a hallway, and she followed him after using the Force to rip apart a scientist using Force Lightning.

When she arrived, she saw the two scientists sneak up behind him. She pulled the lightsaber he dropped to her own hands, and she couldn't figure out how to activate it. Deciding that she was wasting time, she bashed one over the head with the hilt, and then electrocuted the other one. She stood over Keddy, smirking.

"I hope this means I've earned my blades back." She tossed his lightsaber back to him, and then extended a hand to help him stand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am